First Friends Preschool's VPK Program
Enroll Now @ http://elcpinellas.net/register-for-vpk
Florida's Free VPK
Classes: 9AM - 12PM
Monday - Friday
Every Year from August to May
"Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Registration"
Click the Readiness Rate Search link under Visitor Links on the VPK Readiness Rate web site.
Click the name of the provider for detailed report information specific to that provider, including
number of children served
number of children meeting substantial completion
number of children screened on any measure
number of children included in the Readiness Rate calculation
number and percent of children ready for kindergarten
Add our school address to check out our scores
Our School Hours:
7:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Monday - Friday
Our Office Hours:
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Monday - Friday
VPK Wrap-Around Care is
All Day Care:
7:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Bring your child to school before VPK hours
Leave them after VPK hours
VPK Class Wrap-Around Care Pricing:
$115.00 ..................... per week for M-F
$90.00 .................... per week for M-W-F
$80.00 ..................... per week for T & R
* Please see VPK Holidays & Closures Calendar
* Tuition is Due Weekly, even over holidays, regardless of your child's attendance
* All "Wrap-Around Care" VPK students will receive Two Daily Snacks &
Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Registration
Registration is easier than ever! Online VPK registration allows you to register without ever setting foot in an office. To register online you must complete the application. http://elcpinellas.net/register-for-vpk. You must upload your proof of residency and proof of your child's age as supporting documents.
We look forward to working with your children.
The staff of First Friends enjoys sharing a Bible based curriculum in a loving Christian environment.
VPK Attendance Policy
(copy & print this section if needed)
Welcome to another wonderful VPK year. Our Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten classes are held Monday through Friday from 9:00AM to 12:00 PM. In the event that your child is picked up after the program ends at 12:00 you will be charged $1.00 per minute late fee to be paid at the time of pick up. Please remember to sign your child in and out of school in the Parent Book located on the front table. At the end of each month the VPK parents will be asked to sign the VPK Attendance Book.
During the school year there may be times when your child can not attend school due to illness, doctor visits, vacations and so forth. During these times First Friends Preschool will require a note. Please see the VPK teachers or the front office for a VPK Absence Form. If your child has more than 36 absences of VPK days during the school year, they must leave the program. In the event of excessive absences, you will be sent notification of days missed to keep you up to date.
Wrap-Around Care students will continue to pay full tuition during non-VPK weeks.
Please see me if you have any questions. I know we will have a great school year!
Cori LoCicero, Director
First Friends Preschool
(Please fill out this section and return it to the director. Thank you!)
I ________________________, the parent of ____________________________, have read the VPK Attendance Policy and understand that I MUST sign my child In & Out of school daily, sign the VPK Attendance Book at the end of the month. I also understand that full tuition is due on non-VPK weeks for wrap-around care, however this is not a condition to attend VPK only. I must be on time to pick up my child at 12:00 or pay $1.00 per minute late fee imediately. I understand that my child may have 36 absences in this school year before being asked to leave the VPK program at the school.
VPK / Four Year Old Students
We are delighted that you have chosen First Friends Preschool for your child. Each student in our school has their own cubby labeled with their name. You are required to sign your child In & Out of school daily. The Sign-In Book is located on our Parent’s Table in the front hall. You are also required to sign and date the VPK attendance book at the end of each month. Please be sure to pick up all paperwork from your child’s File Folder daily. VPK students may miss 36 VPK days in the school year before being asked to leave the VPK program at the school. Please sign and return the VPK Attendance Policy to the preschool office.
What you will need to bring:
· A beach towel or small blanket for nap time. They may bring in a small stuffed animal or a small pillow that must fit into their backpack. All blankets or towels will be sent home each Friday for washing.
· Change of Clothes including socks in a plastic zipper bag that will go into their cubby
· No Sippy Cups! Sports bottles or thermos bottles of water, milk or juice are allowed.
· Permission Slips – Insect Repellent Spray permission slips must be signed in order for First Friends Staff to apply it to your child. You are responsible to supply these products labeled with your child’s name.
Please let the office personnel know if you have any further questions.
VPK Wrap-Around Care Students:
· Lunch: Parent's are responsible to pack a lunch Monday – Friday. A healthy, balanced lunch according to the Nutrition Agreement that is located in your child’s file is appropriate. Please pack all lunches in a lunch box labeled with your child’s name, along with a drink (milk, juice or water) and an ice pack. Send NO candy, soda or sugar products please, as we can not serve them here and they may be sent home. The microwave can warm your child’s food if needed for 40 to 60 seconds, no cooking please.
Please feel free to speak to the director if you have any questions or concerns.